20 Tips for Healthy Eating
Healthy eating prevents nutritional deficiencies and protects against infectious diseases. A good diet should be varied and therefore rich in nutrients that can improve the body’s defenses.
For the diet to be healthy, it must be composed of proteins, good fats, carbohydrates, amino acids, fibers, antioxidants , vitamins and minerals . Vary the types of cereals, meats, vegetables, fats, legumes and fruits, alternating the colors of the food. The more varied the food, the better. Everything should be consumed in moderation, nothing in excess.
Here are 20 tips to improve your diet:
- Include anti-inflammatory foods in your diet, they can get rid of many diseases.
- Do not eat a diet based on a single type of food or nutrient. Try to vary the foods as much as possible.
- Include 1 to 2 servings of fruit daily.
- With regard to meats, try to vary the types during the week (fish, chicken, turkey, ribeye, pork) and preferably consume only once a day.
- Include healthy fats like coconut, avocado, mateiga or ghee, nuts, cocoa and omega 3 .
- For intermediate snacks choose: avocado beat with cocoa , mix of nuts , fruits, raisins, beat of red fruits , chocolate above 70% cocoa.
- Instead of refined sugar, use xylitol, coconut sugar or molasses .
- Decrease the amount of sugary drinks, include more green juice, teas, fruit juice and water.
- Coffee is very healthy, but don’t overdo it; take a maximum of 3 cups a day.
- Do you want to stop consuming any food? Don’t buy it! (simple, but it works)
- Take at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
- Before breakfast, have a glass of water with half a lemon on an empty stomach .
- Do you like eating a sweetie? You can eat, but include fiber in your diet. Fiber helps to absorb sugar from the body. Or opt for homemade sweets such as brigadeiro with cocoa .
- If you can’t eat the beans daily, substitute lentils or chickpeas .
- Don’t forget to have a high protein diet. The protein is super important for the proper functioning of the body.
- Include vegetables in your main meals.
- For cooking oils , replace vegetable oils with coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Always include garlic and onion in your diet; this pair avoids countless diseases.
- Include anti-inflammatory supplements such as resveratrol.
- In addition to eating well, a super important tip is physical activity . Walk at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes: this will greatly improve your health!
These tips are very simple, if inserted gradually into your day to day, over time your well-being will be at the height.